Saturday, February 5, 2011

I wrote another Grief Blog post over on Open Salon and it got another Editor's Pick.  If I didn't know better, I'd think that I was suddenly becoming their Miscarriage Girl.  I guess that's an honor?  Nah, it is, and if it gets more people aware of the fact that 1 in 4 women lose a pregnancy, then it's good.

It's Saturday, and I had a long week, so the highlight of my day was a walk around the lake.  Then I started to get caught up on laundry, now that we have our super-fancy singing washer and dryer.  Nothing is hipper than washing blankets that cats puked on which have been sitting in a corner for 2 weeks because you don't want to take that hot mess to the laundromat.

Now I'm laughing at this collection of the funniest texts from parents.  My favorite: Dad: "Got new phone.  Plesa send me your text message address."  Text message address?  What is that?

'Member the old days of email when addresses were crazy long?  My first email address was 76353.2273@server.compuserve.com or something like that.  Then in college we got email addresses that included our social security numbers - I don't know which genius thought that one up.  'Member hotmail?  That was the first time you could get web mail that was short.  But everybody thought you were saying hot-male when you gave them your email address.  And that pun would get so old.

All right, it's almost 11 and I've got some laundry to change over.  I so totally know how to party these days.

No comments: