Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Funny Stupid Commercials: Education Connection Edition

I've started watching Millionaire Matchmaker pretty regularly lately.  I stopped buying US Weekly, so this has become my indulgence.  I have a kind of warm-fuzzy memory of it.  I watched it in the hospital on the day after I lost Baby T, during the 90 minutes or so when J went home to get me new clothes and feed the cats.  During that time I took a shower, and changed the channel from the Ax-Men marathon that J and I had been watching all morning on the history channel (or, as he likes to call it, the Redneck Channel - all those shows about swamp people, ice road truckers, and ax-men...where's the history???).  I wanted something completely mindless, and on came this loud, annoying matchmaker chick on Bravo, setting up people on dates in between yelling at them and telling them that they were crap.  It made me laugh when I really needed to.

While watching my new favorite show tonight, I saw what has to be, without a doubt, the stupidest commercial for an online college website I have ever, ever, ever seen.  J and I were staring at the TV, openmouthed, barely able to make a sound until the very end when we just started snorting.

So, instead of Funny Local News, this week I'm going to give you Funny Stupid Commercials.  I feel so bad for that actress.  She probably was late for rent, and this was the first job her agent could get for her.  Poor thing.  She's probably been waiting tables in some west hollywood place for three years, and she finally gets a break, and this is what it is.  Well, it is what it is.

No comments: