Friday, April 22, 2011

Two Funny Mexican Stores: AKA Same Same But Different

Two funny stores in Ensenada I had to take pictures of and share.

There's a pink berry in the logo, but nope, this is not pinkberry.  This is sweetberry.  With a pink berry logo.  Never to be confused with a pinkberry logo.  That space means everything. 


Gap's Kids.  For when you Fell Into The Gap and then procreated WITH the Gap.  Gross, but it's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Dude, new subject.  I am such a sucker for email marketing.  I had a friend Stacey in the UK - she was American, but lived in London like me, and she used to call me a Marketing Person's Wet Dream.  That's because I'd always fall for the 3 for 2 deals at the bookstores and at Boots.  She'd say, "yes, you got 3 for 2, but you didn't even want one!"  Then she'd shake her head at me and tell me she had oceanfront property in Florida I could buy.  Another fond memory I have of Stacey is going to TGI Fridays in Leicester Square with her once, where we drank all the free refills of soda we could get in before exploding, and munched on ice until our mouths were numb.  

Anyway, I'm a sucker for email marketing because I got my email saying it's Clinique Bonus Time and I am so totally off to Macy's.  I really don't need the little bonus size of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and I have an entire collection of Clinique makeup bags that I never use but don't want to get rid of because, as my mom says, "you never know".  Never know what?  Never know when I'm going to need a cheap plastic freebie makeup bag when I've got plenty of good ones? Still, there might be a situation someday where I'm desperate for this makeup bag, and I will be grateful I have it, right?  So I'm hoofing it off to Macy's to get me some Crap I Don't Need, and I'm doing it with style.

Weekend!  Yay!

No comments: