Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cool Things

My life is brimming with coolness lately. It's a very fun experience.

First off, I finally did a new podcast episode, and I'm getting cool ideas about future episodes. The thing I've noticed about myself, and life, is that the more I put something off, the harder it gets to do it. But then when you finally do it, it's so not nearly as difficult as you think it's going to be. It's like the whole Newton thing. Body in motion stays in motion, etc. I get lazy and then, unless acted upon by an outside force (a la Landmark) I stay lazy and don't do the things I say I want to do.

Second, I was driving on Sunday afternoon and caught Speaking of Faith, which reminded me how much I love that show. Coming from Amish Country (though no, I'm not Amish and never have been) I have a funny relationship with religion. I always thought that religion meant deprivation. You can't dance. You can't make fun of things. You certainly can't watch Jon Stewart. So for a while I dropped out of religion entirely. I stopped talking to God. I decided the whole thing was a sham. But then I realized how I had collapsed the conservativeness of where I grew up with religion in general, and God in particular. When I lived in London I went to church all the time. Literally. I said it was for the music, but I also loved feeling close to heaven. I miss that. Not having a church is really something that is missing in my life. Note to self: Finish 2009 New Year's Resolution and Find A Church. In my own lame defense, I will say that a lot of it is because I live so far away from everything. But that's lame and I need to get over it.

Here's the super cool thing of the day - over 270 people have joined the Meetup Group that I started last week in the Ontario airport. Sweet!

Oh, and I spent 2 hours in the Fontana DMV today. Hope I don't have to have that experience again for a long time. It wasn't so bad. People were pretty friendly. But I can think of nicer ways to spend my time. At least that's off my list though. It feels so good to cross things off my list.






No comments: