Sunday, March 21, 2010

A journey of a thousand miles...

To be filed under "This blows my mind": It took me, door to door, 15 hours to get from my house to Sandor's bathtub. How freaking crazy is that? Planes continually blow my mind.

So we're in the UK. It's my celebratory "I finished the Introduction Leader's Program" trip. I'm now an official Introduction Leader for Landmark Education, so if anybody wants to know more about the Landmark Forum, I'm the girl to ask. I reached the final milestone on Thursday night, and am honored to be part of such an amazing body of people. Introduction Leaders are some of the most awesome people I've ever met, and I'm so proud to be joining the ranks. I never thought this would be possible - I never thought that I would be able to do what was required of me to reach this - to break myself up and go through what I had to go through - and now that I've been able to achieve it, I know that the world is my oyster.

I had given up playing the Introduction Leader's game last saturday. I told everyone I wasn't interested in it any longer, and then I had an insight into how I'm always so confused about everything, and how that's the story of my life, but that there's also a big payoff there in that I never need to take responsibility for my actions and decisions. So I made a commitment and put myself out there, and said I'd be an IL by Friday night. And I did what I had to do, even in the face of no agreement, and made it happen. If I could make that happen in six days, I can make anything happen.

So I'm now in my own Renaissance. I am creating myself with my word. I am giving my word to things, making promises that call me to be bigger than I know myself, and going after things with gumption.

Random activities for the day: I watched Up in the Air, and The Informant on the plane, and still slept for about three hours. If you watched The Informant, and didn't listen to the This American Life that inspired it, you should do so now. Truth is stranger than fiction. When we got back to Sandor's, I immediately took a bath, and then slept for 2 hours. Then we met up with Sandor's friend John, and got sushi at Ukai. On tomorrow's agenda: a non-boozy night out in Soho.

I'm happy and content and life is good.

No comments: