Sunday, January 4, 2009

Entertainment Crisis

I'm experiencing an entertainment crisis right now. I don't like my books, I don't like most of my music, and I never like anything on tv. So I play around on youtube and read every article in Vanity Fair and the New Yorker. I used to devour books. Now I look at all my chick-lit and get seriously annoyed with the main characters. I need to discover new books, I guess, but I don't know what I like anymore. It's so weird. I really loved The Pillars of the Earth and the sequal, and the Matthew Shardlake tudor mysteries, but I've read them all now. I'm sure I must have some books that I want to read. I bought a new Haruki Murakami book recently that's been sitting around waiting to be read. I could read that.

It's really weird. Does this happen to everyone when they're in their 30's?

---

Today I am having a Recession Spa day. The idea of dropping $150 on highlights and coloring and cut seems terribly impracticle right now when so many people are hungry/broke so J helped me do highlights, and gave me a cut that basically just chopped off my split ends and took some of the weight off the top with one of those razor-shaver things which I bought at Sally Beauty Supply for like $4. After a blowout, it looks almost like I came from a salon, and cost me $13 in color and highlight kit, and $4 razor. And I didn't have to tip him. Now I can buy the $60 gap jeans and $50 Hayden-Harnett bag at Target I want and not feel in the least bit guilty.

No comments: