Sunday, November 6, 2011

What are YOU going to do with your extra hour...

We got our first snow of the season this weekend.  Which means that I'm burning a lot of these candles I got from Target.  I used to follow a blog, Slave To Target, where this girl would write about all her favorite things at Target (where there are so many Favorite Things to choose from) and I was a huge fan. But she stopped writing it over 2 years ago, which made me sad.  So in the spirit of continuing to pay homage to Target, I'm going to start chronicling my own favorite things that go in my red cart. Which brings me to these soy candles.  They come in yummy fall flavors - I have Autumn Harvest going in the bathroom right now, as I watch the snow coming down.

I'm kind of blown away that Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away.  So I've gotta burn up all the fall candles I have because come December I'll be wanting to burn the peppermint-vanilla flavors of these soy candles I saw at the store the other day.

So we get an extra hour today.  What are you going to do with it? Here are some options I'm considering:

1.  Cleaning my sink to the point where FlyLady would be happy.

2.  Watching that Brian Greene Nova special about the cosmos, which I believe must be a similar feeling to dropping acid.  I've never dropped acid, so I can't say for sure, but the feeling of my head exploding, and not knowing which way is up and what color is purple must be similar to what it's like to do a lot of drugs...

3.  Getting way ahead in my NaNoWriMo word count.

4.  Organizing all my towels.

5.  Getting caught up on The Artist's Way.

6.  Organizing my spices.

7.  Organizing the cupboard above the refrigerator, which has four years worth of junk falling out of it.

8.  Playing Oblivion in preparation for Skyrim coming out on Friday (speaking of which, Skyrim Looks Awesome!)

9.  Ripping a bunch of CD's.

10.  Reading one or two of the magazines that are cluttering up my desk.  I bought a Nook Color a few months ago for the sole reason of reading magazines on it so that my magazine clutter would go away, but I'm still working my way through what's left over... And I have a Kindle Fire on pre-order, and I already have a kindle from last year, so if anyone has any question about which ereader to buy, I'm up on the goodness and not-so-goodness of each of them...


No comments: