Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who needs camping when you've got Google Plus?

My husband and I are such web geeks.  I first caught wind of the whole Google Plus thing a few weeks ago and have been yammering for an invite all over facebook.  Finally a friend of hubby's offered them up, and he was all nonchalant like it was no big deal.  Once I explained it to him, he became increasingly excited.  So we spent the weekend checking our gmail to see whether our invitations had arrived yet.  We need to get out more.

He randomly checked his email while we were eating dinner tonight, and bam! the invitations had arrived.  Sweet!  So we promptly turned off the tv, turned away from our food, grabbed our laptops, and got to profile-making.  So if any of you are on google plus, please add me.  We'll spark each other.  It beats the old facebook "poke," no?

And below is a picture of our camping spot over the weekend.  Some things I had forgotten about camping (since it's been 20 years since I've gone):

1.  bugs.  I don't like them.
2.  tents are hot.
3.  People are loud over the holiday weekend.

So, that being said, we're going to go camping again when it's cooler and less crowded.  Still, King's Canyon is beautiful - John Muir said it was the second most beautiful place in the world after Yosemite, and while I'm not sure I would say it's more beautiful than the train ride from London to Cambridge, for example, it's still pretty gorgeous.


No comments: