Monday, July 13, 2009

travel and phone gadgets

So I was in Chicago over the weekend at the American Library Association's annual meeting. Lots of books and databases and security strips and other exciting things like that. Of particular interest - the mango smoothies and brazilian flipping dancers attracting attention at the Mango Languages booth (Mango is an online language learning service, kind of like Rosetta Stone). I enjoyed being in a walking city again - I really miss that in LA. I miss bumping into people, and passing by buskers and street life in general.

It's good to be home, though. I went swimming in the lake this evening, which was nice and refreshing. I've been really enjoying swimming in the lake.

For the next time I travel, though, I want this gadget. An overlay on your cell phone so that when you point the camera in your phone in different directions in cities, it adds in all the restaurants, tourist attractions, etc, right there on your screen. That is too cool.

No comments: