Monday, April 14, 2014

Yoga and tips for baristas

My yoga teacher tonight didn't seem to realize she was teaching a beginner/intermediate yoga course.  Spider downward dog?  WTH?  Shakira's hips don't lie.  My hips haven't moved like that since the pre-Monica Lewinksy Clinton administration.

But it was good practice, and inspiring to me to watch her move like that, like it was no big deal.  If I come to yoga often enough, and practice at home, and come to the mat at least several times a week, someday, God willing, I will be able to move like that.

I booked an airbnb in New Zealand today.  The ladies will be staying in a garden flat underneath a yoga studio five minutes from the beach.  I'm totally excited.  It's turning into a very different trip than I had anticipated.  It's becoming a yoga/beach retreat.  We're a ten minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland, so we'll be out of all the hustle and bustle and noise.  Baby H should sleep like a log.  One hopes.

In other news, the barista in the Starbucks across the street from yoga flirted with me.  I guess he probably flirts with all the old mom's to make them feel good, but he got an extra big tip from me, so it worked.  If you're a barista at starbucks, and you're under 25, here's a free piece of advice: flirt with tired old mom's who don't have the energy to put on makeup.  You will get big tips.  I promise.


No comments: