Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Sickies

So you know what's not funny?  What's not funny is when you lost a baby at 20+6 because of an infection, and you wake up at 20+3, and you feel sick.  That's really not funny.

That was last Friday.  I'm now firmly past 21 weeks, which is the longest I've ever been pregnant before.  Random fact: I have now been pregnant for almost 51 weeks total in my lifetime.  That's one week shy of a full year.  And I still don't have a baby.  Well, at least one who lives outside of me.

Anyway, it feels good to be past 21 weeks, but I'm also still fighting off this cold, which wasn't made much better by the fact that I had to travel up to San Mateo on Thursday and Friday for a meeting.  THEN yesterday I had this great idea to go to the farmer's market, and do a bunch of shopping, and the whole thing just wore me out.

I'm starting to get to the point in my pregnancy where things are beginning to be difficult.  Things like bending down to refill the cat food.  I get really tired doing things like making breakfast.  I've gained about 17 pounds.  I haven't exercised in almost two weeks, mostly because of this da*n cold.  I really like to stretch out my legs, which is hard to do when sitting down, so I spend a lot of time lately sitting up in bed with my legs stretched out and a lap desk on my lap (duh).  It's where I am now.  I have three cats around me; my kindle, my tablet, a notebook, and my current read, Stacy Schiff's Cleopatra.  (which, actually, I'm really slogging through.  For someone as fascinating as Cleopatra, you'd think the biography would be much more interesting.  This is dull.  Maybe it's just because I don't know much about ancient Egypt.)

Sooo, that's my non-news - I'm snotty, I'm sore, I'm tired, and I'm bored with my book.  But you know what?  I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant, and this will all be worth it when I get to sit here in four months with my bambino.

No comments: