Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two Highlights from the Brit Awards

Last night the 02 Arena hosted the Brit Awards, the UK version of the Grammy's, and two things need to be pointed out:

1) Host James Cordon (he's famous for playing Smithy on Gavin and Stacey, and I totally love him) cut off Adele in the middle of her acceptance speech for Album of the Year so the Blur could play.  She gave the crowd the middle finger.  MIA gave everyone the middle finger at the superbowl halftime show, and you'd think that the world was ending from the reaction.  I haven't heard much about Adele yet, but maybe nobody pays any attention to the Brit Awards.  Anyway, why would you cut off Adele for Blur?  When was the last time they won any awards?  Like, 2000?  I was still getting carded when I bought cigarettes.  Which I didn't do that often, but, you know, I was trying to be all Bridget Jones and everything.  True story: I really did buy Silk Cut cigarettes because it was the brand that Bridget smoked.  It didn't last long.  Unlike coffee, I never could get used to the taste.




2) This song beat out Adele for Song of the Year. Apparently they're the UK version of Big Time Rush, but not nearly as good (says the girl secretly harboring a crush on Kendall)

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigs? I buy high quality cigarettes from Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 70%.